Anil specialises in employment tax and the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
Anil has a broad range of experience relating to employment tax and particularly CIS matters, having been the national champion on CIS related issues within his last employment in Grant Thornton UK LLP.
Anil has worked with and advised a number businesses, ranging from small to large sized employers (owner managed to plc's and multinationals) in all aspects of employment tax and CIS.
Anil also undertakes lectures and presentations to various construction businesses, industry trade associations and professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accounts of England and Wales (ICAEW) and Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT).
Overview of experience
- Over 30 years' experience in employment tax and CIS matters.
- Specialist on all aspects of the CIS.
- Extensive experience dealing with complex issues arsing from payments to employees and directors, salary sacrifice arrangements, employed v self-employed, the provision of benefits etc.
- 6 years as an Employer Compliance Officer with, what is now, the Large Business Services (Employer Compliance) group of HM Revenue & Customs.
- 1985 to 1997 - Revenue Executive within, what was then known as, the Inland Revenue.
- 1997 to 2006 - Employment Tax Manager within KPMG
- 2006 to 2016 - Employment Tax Associate Director within Grant Thornton UK LLP