Cross border working arrangements (expatriate taxation)
EmphaCIS is proud to be working with a specialist expatriate taxation advisory and compliance service provider who are focused in providing a bespoke, practical and helpful advisory and compliance services in relation to UK and US personal tax to clients (both individuals and corporates) with a wide range of circumstances.
The team has extensive experience in dealing with the numerous tax issues affecting expatriates and mobile workers including the unique interaction of the UK and US tax systems.
The team has over 20 years’ experience, gained primarily from working within the “Big 4” and mid-tier accountancy firms.
Set out below is an overview of the main areas of expertise but the list is, by no means, exhaustive:
- Pre-assignment planning
- Advice regarding UK arrival and departure procedures
- UK tax compliance and advisory service from both the personal perspective as well as from the employer and host employer’s obligations
- US tax compliance and advisory services in relation to those individuals assigned to and from the USA
- Preparation of UK tax returns
- Preparation of US federal and state tax returns
- Residence and domicile advice
- Remittance planning
- Share schemes advice
- International pensions
- Employment and assignment structuring
- International social security issues
- HM Revenue & Customs/Internal Revenue Service enquiries
Please do contact us at EmphaCIS, should you require any assistance in respect of expatriate taxation and we would be happy to meet with you to discuss your needs and explore how we might add value to you and your business.