It is often the case that it is the unseen that subsequently can lead to issues arising that can put a sting in a company's finances
In this regard, it is important for employers to stay on top of its employment tax and/or CIS obligations and with this in mind, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are all relevant personnel talking to each other in relation to what they do or propose to do (eg does finance talk to HR etc.)?
- What level of understanding/knowledge is there within the finance and HR teams when it comes to employment tax/CIS and are you comfortable with what they understand/know?
- Are your tax accounting systems robust?
- Do you have appropriate controls in place?
- Are the company's policies relating to claiming expenses, engaging consultants/subcontractors etc. properly and clearly documented? Do your employees know that such document(s) exist?
- When was the last time, you stopped and looked/reviewed your systems, processes and compliance activities?
- How often do you seek advice on employment tax and/or CIS related matters where, perhaps the position is not quite clear?
It must be said, however, no matter how much you may try to be compliant, things will go wrong (after all you are not in business for the sake of tax but rather in running and growing your business).
We very firmly believe that one size does not fit all. With this in mind, we do not, like many of the larger accountancy firms, try to sell ideas that may not be relevant to your business, our approach is to understand our clients requirements, needs and what it is hoping to achieve and then try and find solutions specific to them.
Set out below is an overview of just some of the services that we can provide.